9/7/09

Dystopian Inspiration

Well hello again.

So here is my obligatory 2:00 am post. Not much to say, but anyway.

I have to say, I've been pretty disappointed with some of my favorite makeup brands recent collections. I'm not positive on what MAC has up their sleeves but from what I've heard it's black, black and MORE BLACK! I love it!

But what has really got me thrilled right now is Illamasqua's new collection called "Dystopia".
It is truly an inspirational collection!
Dystopia's creator, Alex Box, found her inspiration for the collection from a silent film from 1927, called "Metropolis". I haven't finished the film yet but it (from what I understand) is basically about this futuristic society that has strived to create such a utopia that they have essentially become the opposite...dystopia.
The collection is comprised of some vivid, futuristic pinks and purples with plently of heavy, monochromatic blacks and greys. They also have a product which is a Liquid Metal called 'Phenomena' which would put the chicest spacesuit to shame.

Here a couple pictures from Dystopia






I'd been feeling kind of stuck in my makeup recently. I feel that there is so much that can be done sometimes I just get overwhelmed with all the possibilities. But it's artistry like this that really inspires me to test the boundaries and just HAVE FUN!

I hope you all have a lovely labor day!

Peace, love, and beauty,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment